In the interest of public safety, we will process all registrations remotely, until further notice.
Please follow the steps listed here and submit the SRIC form with the required documents uploaded *. The accepted file types are .jpg and pdf.
Once the registration is processed, you will receive a welcome email with technology information. In addition, the school will be informed of the registration. Any school-specific information will come directly from the assigned school.
Steps to enroll your child in North Kingstown schools.
1. Review process and required documentation
2. Fill out online forms and upload documents
3. Make an appointment
Step 1: Review the process and required documents
Visit this page for frequently asked questions and additional information available on registering your child. Then gather the documents listed below and go to step 2 to start the registration process. The student’s parent or guardian must be present to register their student for school.
In order to register your child (ren) with the North Kingstown School Department, please gather the following documents required in steps 2 and 3. The originals / hard copies will be required at the registration appointment, but in a effort to save time, they can be downloaded. in advance (step 2).
For new residents purchasing a home in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the closing date. For new residents renting in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the effective date of the signed rental agreement. Please contact our office with any questions at (401) 268-6504.
- Parents who are owners (must live in the house) can download of them the following items: a current property tax bill, a water bill, an electricity bill. We do not accept purchase and sale deeds or agreements.
- Parents who rent can download and bring in a current lease or rental agreement and a current electricity or gas bill (the billing address must match the rental address). The owner’s name and contact details must appear on the lease / rental agreement.
- lives with a relative or other person, the owner must produce a notarized declaration listing who they allow to live with them, then they must produce proof of residency.
- Displaced families who live in North Kingstown due to the loss of stable housing may be eligible for benefits under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. Contact the NKSD Homeless Liaison at 401-541-6353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Birth certificate (must be translated into English) or passport for each child you enroll
- A certified copy of the most recent court order identifying the respective allocation of physical custody of each parent – if applicable.
- In the absence of both parents or in other situations, please contact Sherri-Lynn Briggs at 401-268-6504.
- Immunization records and physical examination for each child
- ** NEW – a current photo of the student being enrolled, similar to a photo of the school that will be uploaded to the student information system for identification purposes.
- State or government issued photo ID of the parent registering the child
- Most recent copy of report card for years 1 to 8
- Students in Grades 9 to 12 MUST have a copy of their most recent transcript and report card (must be translated into English)
- If applicable, a copy of the students’ IEP or 504 plan – complete the PPS # 8 form on the right and save it as a pdf for download in step 3.
Step 2: Complete the Home Language Survey (select the form you are most comfortable with) and the Case Request Forms (right). Save them in pdf format on your computer to download them in the next step.
Step 3: Complete the online form
Contact details: StudentRegistration@nksd.net for any questions regarding the registration process. REGISTRATION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and held at a distance until further notice.
Where can I register my child for school? All registrations will be processed remotely after sending the SRIC form with all required documents, until further notice.
What are the conditions for entering kindergarten and first grade?
KINDERGARTEN ENTRY – Proximity screening is part of the registration for entry into kindergarten. Screening done in the school year before entering kindergarten is acceptable. Screening is being done virtually right now. Please email Mary_Nelson@nksd.net in Child Outreach or by phone at 401-541-6350 to arrange testing.
Can I send my child to NK schools if we do not live in the district?
I am currently homeless and living in a temporary situation in North Kingstown due to the loss of my home. Can I enroll my child in North Kingstown schools?
Your situation may qualify for assistance under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, which guarantees eligible families immediate enrollment, even if you do not have immediate access to the required documentation. Visit https://www.nksd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=796099&type=d&pREC_ID=1591412 for more information on homeless services or contact our homeless liaison at 401-541-6353, email@example.com to know more.
What school will my child attend?
Please click on the link below to view the school boundaries.
Can I apply for another school in North Kingstown?
The request for another school building is made by submitting a Building transfer request form at the superintendent’s office. All applications are reviewed in early August and must be submitted annually. During the school year, please contact Ibis_Berganza@nksd.net with all questions.
How do I change my address?
Please fill in the Change of address form. Once verified, the affidavit should be signed in person at 100 Romano Vineyard Way.
If you are moving within the boundaries of the North Kingstown School District, you must provide proof of residency (as you did when your child was originally enrolled). It must be done at each change of address. Please see above for examples of acceptable proof of residency.
Please note that your student’s address, school or bus transportation cannot be changed until this documentation is provided.
Students entering grades 9 to 12
Appointments to discuss your child’s schedule with North Kingstown High School Guidance will only be made AFTER all documents have been submitted and the registration process is complete.
If you would like to enroll your child in preschool or have any questions about PK programs in North Kingstown schools, please call Fishing Cove Elementary School at 401-268-6580..
Home language surveys
§ Arabic – العربية
§ Cape Verdean Creole – Kriolu
§ Chinese – 中文
§ French French
§ Haitian Creole – Kreyol Ayisyen
§ Khmer – ខ្មែរ
§ Lao – ລາວ
§ Portuguese – Portuguese
§ Spanish – Español
§ Swahili – Kiswahili
§ Wolof – Wolof
§ Yoruba – Yoruba
This press release was produced by North Kingstown School Department. The opinions expressed here are those of the author.