Below is information on all of the 2022 CHSAA Fall Championships.
2022 State Qualifiers
Start lists 2022
November 5: Preliminaries except 3A
November 12: 3A Preliminaries – Host sites
November 14-19: Semi-finals 6M/8M/1A/2A – Host sites
November 21-26: Semi-finals 3A/4A/5A – Host sites
November 25-26: 6/8/1A/2A Championship – CSU-Pueblo
December 3: 3A Championship at CSU-Pueblo – 4A/5A at Mile High
State playoff tables
Format: 6M/8M/1A/2A/3A – Single elimination tournament with 16 teams | 4A/5A – 24-team knockout tournament
4A/5A tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com or at Broncos Stadium at the Mile High Box Office or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000.
The Broncos Stadium at the Mile High Box Office will open at 9:00 a.m. on game day
The box office will also be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. all week before the match
6M/8M/1A/2A/3A tickets can be purchased here or on location at the CSU Pueblo box office
4A State Championships – November 4 & 5 – Thornton High School
5A State Championships – November 3 & 5 – Thornton High School
THREE-DAY STATE MEETING FORMAT:
The State 5A team and all-around will take place on Thursday, November 3, and the State 4A meet and all-around will take place on Friday, November 4. Both will be based on 12-team rotations. The individual finals will take place on Saturday 5 November.
4A STATE MEETING:
The Friday afternoon competition begins at 3:10 p.m. with the top nine (9) teams and three (3) groups of (6) six individuals competing for team honors, all-around championships and for the top 15 spots to qualify for the individual finals. This must be done in a 12-team rotation, four events at a time. The finals will feature all events at the same time starting at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday.
5A STATE MEETING:
Thursday afternoon competition begins at 3:10 p.m. with the top ten (10) teams and two (2) groups of six (6) individuals competing for team honors, all-around championships and for the top 15 places to qualify for the individual finals. . This must be done in a 12-team rotation, four events at a time. The finals will feature all events at the same time starting at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Format: 2A – 16-Team Single-Elimination Tournament | 3A-5A – 32-team single-elimination tournament
Information on the 2022 semi-finals
- 2A – Saturday, November 5 – 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at All-City Stadium (Denver Public Schools)
- 3A – Wednesday, November 9 – 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at Trailblazer Stadium (JeffCo Schools)
- 4A – Wednesday, November 9 – 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at the University of Northern Colorado Jackson Stadium (Greeley)
- 5A – Wednesday, November 9 – 5:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at Randy Penn Stadium (Englewood High School)
Buy tickets through GoFan for Quarter-Finals 5A and Semi-Finals 2A-5A (Coming soon)
- ONLINE tickets only – NO cash sales at these locations
- QF Round 5A ticket prices: $8 for adults, $5 for K-12 students and seniors (additional fees apply)
- All semi-final ticket prices: $10 for adults, $10 for students and K-12 seniors (additional fees apply)
Semi-final stadium maps and information (coming soon)
- Map and stadium information of the whole city (2A)
- Trailblazer Stadium (3A) Map and Information
- Map and information about the stadium of Jackson (4A)
- Map and information of Randy Penn Stadium (5A)
Information on the 2022 Finals at Switchbacks Weidner Field
(111 W. Cimarron St., Colorado Springs)
- Buy tickets via SeatGeek (ONLINE tickets only – NO cash sales onsite)
- Tickets are $10 for everyone (kids 2 and under are free); additional convenience fees directly from SeatGeek will apply
- The stadium applies a CLEAR BAG policy (blankets, pushchairs accepted)
- Ticket purchases only from the WEST side of the stadium (pre-purchases can enter the West or Northeast location)
- All cards/passes (CHSAA Courtesy, Media, CHSCA, HSSO) check in at Northwest Team/Officials Entrance
- Fan entry card
- Fan parking plan
2022 Final match dates and times
- 2A – Saturday, November 12 – 9:00 a.m.
- 3A – Saturday November 12 – 12:00 p.m.
- 4A – Saturday November 12 – 3:00 p.m.
- 5A – Saturday November 12 – 6:00 p.m.
Partner Hotel Group Rates in Colorado Springs for Finals (coming soon)
Regional Parentheses –
October 28 – Deadline for state entries NO EXCEPTIONS
November 18 – Release of the State Calendar
Dec. 8-10 – State Championship – Denver Coliseum
November 9-11 – Regionals – Host sites
November 18 – State Championships – AMF Belleview Lakes, Englewood
The Baker format will be used for regional and national championships. A Baker game is when multiple bowlers pitch a game. Team members will alternate between the three to roll a ball. This will happen for all games. Regardless of a reserve or strike, the next participant will roll the ball. The Baker Trio format gives equal playing time to each member; create meaningful participation that is essential to the Unified Sports® model. Each Trio team will play 5 Baker matches in each encounter. The winner of the match will be decided by total pinfall. This means that the total score of each team’s five matches is added together and the team with the most pins wins the event.
Six regions, the top three teams from each region will advance to the state competition based on the total number of falls in a five-game Baker trio game.
October 29 – End of regular season
November 5 – Regionals completed on this date
November 7 – Exit from the State Bracket
Nov. 10-12 – State Championships – Denver Coliseum
- All league champions (as long as there are a minimum of 5 teams in the league) will automatically earn a place for regionals
- The remaining teams (up to 24: 1A and up to 36: 2A-5A) will be selected as of the CHSAA Breeding and Seeding Index (50% CHSAA RPI and 50% MaxPreps Rankings) released at the end of the regular season.
- The teams will then be ranked according to CHSAA Breeding and Sowing Index
- Once on the bracket, teams can be moved up to one spot trying to smooth out league opponent clashes between the top 2 seeds in the region. Host teams will not be moved.
- Wherever possible, geography will be considered for the number three seeds from each region. Teams can only be moved a maximum of four places.
- Teams ranked No. 1-8 (1A) and No. 1-12 (2A-5A) will host regionals.
- All regional winners will automatically advance to state championships.
- State Championships 12-team tournament. Double elimination until the semi-finals. Single elimination in semi-final and final
1A REGIONAL – Wildcard NOTE:
*Wildcard teams (4) will be selected after the regional tournaments have ended. Teams will be selected based on the CHSAA Selection Index released on MONDAY AFTER REGIONALS. Teams must have participated in Regionals in order to be considered a “Wildcard Team” for State Championships.
8 Regional winners plus these 4 Wildcard teams will advance to State.
- Hotel information
- Element Denver Downtown East – $109 per night. BOOK HERE
- Last day to book: November 4, 2022 (ATTN: Coaches/AD’s – please book team rooms under the name of the coach traveling with the team and put the school name on the company line)
- Courtyard Denver Central Park – $99 per night. BOOK HERE
- Last day to book: November 5, 2022
- Element Denver Downtown East – $109 per night. BOOK HERE