The Sumner County Department of Health and $ 353 have considered three of the six buildings as schools in the event of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Therefore, USD 353 will temporarily close all schools and suspend sports practices and other school-related events.
USD 353 Superintendent Adam Hatfield issued a Press statement on the district website Thursday evening:
We thank you, as always, for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate this pandemic. We understand the frustrations and the fact that this situation is not ideal, but the health and safety of our students and staff, as well as the community, is our top priority.
This closure will begin on August 27 and students will be able to return on September 7. Adjustments for learning will be made once school resumes. September 7.
The following sports activities will be affected by the temporary closure:
- (8/28) College Volleyball @ Winfield
- (8/30) College tennis @ 9th Street
- (8/30) Grade 8 Volleyball @ WMS
- (8/30) Grade 7 Volleyball @ Haysville
- (8/31) HS / MS Cheer @ HS Campus
- (8/31) College tennis @ 9th Street
- (8/31) College volleyball / JV @ WHS
- (9/2) Varsity Golf @ Augusta
- (9/2) MS Tennis @ El Dorado
- (9/2) Varsity / JV Cross Country @ Clearwater
- (9/2) Grade 9 Volleyball @ WHS
- (9/2) Grade 7 Football @ Sellers
- (9/2) Grade 8 Football @ Sellers
- (9/3) College Football @ Clearwater
- (9/4) JV Tennis @ Conway Springs
Further updates will be made as they become available. Updates will also be made on Twitter by Greg Williams.