DeKalb County and DeKalb County School District officials will distribute 5,000 school bags filled with school supplies, in addition to fresh produce, chicken and lunch box snacks on July 30 at seven DeKalb locations.
DeKalb officials said that starting at 9 a.m. on July 30, school supplies and food distributions will take place at the following locations:
- Berean Christian Church, 2201 Young Road, Stone Mountain, 30088
- Beulah Missionary Baptist Church, 2340 Clifton Springs Road, Decatur, 30034
- Big Miller Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 3800 Big Miller Grove Way, Stonecrest, 30038
- The Covenant Church, 1700 Corey Blvd., Decatur, 30032
- Rehoboth Baptist Church, 2997 Lawrenceville Highway, Tucker, 30084
- Saint Phillip AME, 240 Candler Road SE, Atlanta, 30317
- Shy Temple CME Church, 2030 Wesley Chapel Road, Decatur, 30035
According to a press release, the distributions will include:
- 5,000 transparent binders filled with 12 pencils, 12 pens, a ruler, 24 pencils, a composition notebook, a three-subject notebook, notebook filler paper, three erasers, a USB key and a calculator.
- 5,000 boxes of 100% Georgia grown fruits and vegetables, eggs and chicken hindquarters.
- Lunch box snacks of cereals, cookies and juices.
“We are thrilled to partner with the DeKalb County School District and our faith community to help parents prepare to send their children back to school,” the DeKalb County CEO said. Michael Thurmond.
County officials said federal U.S. bailout funds were used to buy the produce and the chicken and the county has distributed more than 80,000 boxes of food since May 2020.
6,022 total views, no views today