CHICAGO – The back-to-school holidays are back – and some will have the opportunity to get vaccinated, Chicago public schools have announced.
The district will host several back-to-school parties to help children and families reconnect with their school communities and prepare for in-person learning, according to a press release from CPS. Students will receive supplies, see people, and be able to get their coronavirus shots at some of the events.
There will be free food, games, music, and party activities.
Back to school party with vaccines available:
- Friday: Tarkington Elementary School, 3300 W. 71st St.
- August 13: Michele Clark High School, 5101 W. Harrison St.
- August 20: CPS Colman Office, 4655 S. Dearborn St.
- August 27: Chicago Vocational Career Academy, 2100 E. 87th St.
All of the above events are from noon to 5:00 p.m.
Other back-to-school celebrations:
- 4-8 p.m. August 19: Gately Stadium, 744 E. 103rd St.
- 12 pm-3pm Aug 22: Maria Saucedo Academy, 2850 W. 24th Blvd.
- 12 p.m.-3 p.m. August 24: William Finkl Academy, 2332 S. Western Ave.
- 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. August 25: Steinmetz College Prep, 3030 N. Mobile Ave.
- 2 p.m.-6 p.m. August 26: Urban Prep Charter Academy, 425 S. Wabash Ave.
Families can also go online to the CPS website, call 773-553-1580 or email email@example.com for more information on preparing for a return to school.
CPS begins in-person training on August 30.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago, an independent, 501 (c) (3) newsroom run by reporters. Every penny we report on Chicago neighborhoods.
Already subscribed? Click here to support Block Club with a tax-deductible donation.
Listen to “It’s All Right: A Podcast from Block Club Chicago” here: