- Salary package: HEW Level 4, ($69,152 – $74,531 per year or pro-rated for part-timers), plus 17% employer pension contribution and vacation leave
- Type of appointment: Permanent full-time/part-time positions available
- Pitches: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
- Flexible working arrangements may be considered including flexible working hours, start and end times and/or work from home arrangements
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive administrative assistant(s) to provide general administrative support to the schools and departments of the Faculty of Arts.
Reporting to the School/Department Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support in the operational implementation of programs, services and administration.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated, dynamic and agile administrative assistants with administrative, financial, HR and event support activities to advance their careers in a collaborative, diverse and rewarding work environment.
- Provide local administrative support to staff for all school/department operations, including facilities management, office and IT equipment, and website inquiries.
- Provide administrative support, including diary management, logistics, room reservations, travel, material preparation and/or other administrative activities.
- Undertake transactional administrative activities across school/department functions.
- Coordinate and participate in school/department committees, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, minutes, and any follow-up action as required.
- Arrange onsite and offsite meetings, including arranging all reservations, catering, transportation, and appropriate resources.
- Respond or appropriately escalate inquiries about the faculty and department and its activities.
- Support the onboarding of new staff, HDR students, honorary appointees, visitors and volunteers to the school/department as required by WHS and other universities.
- Provide event coordination and administrative support for school/department level events.
- Provide administrative support and work with relevant stakeholders to update and maintain websites as needed.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of improvements to administrative systems, processes and procedures, as required.
- Adhere to relevant professional standards and codes of ethics as well as EEO and WHS regulations.
- Perform any other duties required and appropriate for this classification.
To succeed in this position, the right candidate will be passionate about administrative excellence and proud of their innovative and collaborative approach to operational delivery. With strong organizational skills, you will have a proven track record in time management and process delivery and administration.
One of Australia’s leading arts and humanities faculties, Macquarie’s Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery, we explore human history from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centers, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our people to transform themselves and the world around them.
Macquarie is a university committed to the real and often complex issues and opportunities that define our lives. Since our founding in 1964, we have aspired to be a different kind of university. Over the years we have grown to become the center of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Qualification or relevant qualification and/or equivalent experience;
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office and a range of database management systems and applications;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Experience in providing general and personal administrative assistance in a complex environment, preferably in higher education;
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple activities with minimal supervision while meeting tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with other teams;
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality services to clients;
- Work with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Describe your appointment type preference (full-time or part-time with preferred times per week). Note, full time is 35 hours per week over 5 working days
Requests for specific roles:
Head of Faculty Operations, Felicity Hopkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
General role requests:
Human Resources Manager, Emma Todd, email@example.com
Monday, June 13, 2022, 11:59 p.m. (AEST)
Given the impact of the Australian Government’s COVID-19 border restrictions and visa processing delays, applications from Australian citizens or permanent residents or persons currently residing in Australia with full employment rights may be given priority at this stadium.
Equity and Diversity Statement
At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure that the culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability , their LGBTIQA+ identity, family and family responsibilities, age or religion. . We encourage anyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University’s values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply. Learn more about our progress towards equity, diversity and inclusion.