RALEIGH, NC (WNCN) – A number of school districts in central North Carolina are preparing for another round of adverse winter conditions. A storm that is expected to move in starting Thursday evening could bring up to 6 inches of snow to some areas.
In response, some school systems have canceled after-school and athletic activities for Thursday. A few have already decided to make Friday a distance learning day.
The following districts have announced schedule changes:
- Cumberland County Schools will post two hours earlier on Thursday. Friday will be an asynchronous distance learning day for all students.
- Durham Public Schools has canceled after-school and sports activities on Thursday.
- Halifax County schools have canceled after-school and athletic activities on Thursday.
- Hoke County schools will have an asynchronous remote learning day on Friday.
- Johnston County Schools canceled after-school and athletic activities on Thursday.
- Pine Springs Preparatory Academy will be closed on Friday.
- Sampson County schools have canceled after-school activities on Thursday and will be in remote learning on Friday.
- Wake County Public Schools said all activity participants must be off campus by 8 p.m. Thursday.
To submit a school closure or similar notice, email email@example.com.